Sunday, January 3, 2010

[Author's note: PA nominated for Rose & Bay Award]


We had been talking over at weblit.us about founding an award for weblit so as to make the public more aware that not only is there reading available for free online, but
good reading, good as what you'd find in a bookstore. Now we don't need to, because Elizabeth Barrette (Ysabet_wordsmith) and associates have founded the Rose and Bay Award.

I quote:


I'm tired of awards not counting crowdfunded projects. I've seen all this before; it's the same old nonsense that went on when electronic publication began. It wasn't "real" publishing and nobody wanted it in their awards, yada yada yada. I don't feel like waiting around another ten or twelve years while people look for a clue machine and a quarter to put in it.

You said it, Ysabet.

The Rose and Bay is a democratic rather than judged award; voting will take place in February. Awards will be given in five categories: Art, Fiction, Poetry, Other (for projects that either don't fall into the above categories, or span them) and Patron (to recognize readers/viewers who have made contributions to writers/artists in one or more forms).

PA and Eclipse Court have been nominated (thanks Valdary and "Anonymous"). Fiction nominations here.

To indulge in total, utter and complete bribery: I will nominate one reader in the "Patron" category on the last day nominations are open. You may increase your chances that it's you by sending me money, writing comments, spotting errors, promoting my work wherever (let me know!) or any or all of the above.




--