Saturday, January 23, 2010

[AN: end of book whine; Chevenga chat]


I have it planned out, and the last post of this book is going to be on Tuesday.


Of course I will go back and revise; I've spotted one plot string I never tied up and there's an opinion piece from the Terera Pages that needs inserting somewhere, and of course I will have more ideas. A weblit piece is a living thing.

But that's not the same as writing every day and knowing that people are out there waiting for me to click on "publish post," sweating over the Friday cliffhangers, feeling and thinking things because of what I have written. I should be relieved because it means an end to the killer schedule, but I'm not. I'm sad.

Of course I'll keep going with PA until its end joins up with the beginning of ak, and then I will present them both as one work. (It will be well over a million words long, I estimate, and I plan to divide it into seven books, titled separately, under one main title.) And of course I will write more: more Chevenga stuff, more Fifth Millennium stuff, more who knows what.

But none of it will be asa kraiya. For personal reasons, for emotional reasons, even for spiritual reasons, this book is very, very special to me. Chevenga's transformation is my own, or, at least, runs parallel to it. Because of that, much of ak plotted itself. I've never had so many surprises from a book that I myself was writing, and I've never been so inspired, or inspired in quite that way. I don't know whether I'll ever have that with any other work. I hope so... I imagine it's possible... but I don't know. That makes it tough to leave this one.

Shirley and I announced that our next character chat would be a solo Chevenga (though again, surprise entrances by other characters are not to be ruled out) and now we're thinking it should be about asa kraiya since the book is concluding. I also know that there are people interested in chatting with Surya.

So.... we'll tentatively set the date and time for next chat as: Saturday, Jan. 30, 2 p.m. until... whenever. Location, same as before, here. Hope to see lots of you there.



--