Friday, November 6, 2009

[Author's note: I lost my buddy today]


Those of you who read PA as well as ak might remember a couple of weeks ago I thought my 14-year-old Labrador retriever, who has been in my life for nine years, was going to die that night. I was wrong; he came back. Tonight was when he died.

I don't think I can p
ost tonight. If I had something already written, sure, but it's new material that needs to come next, and I don't think I can concentrate well enough to write. It's not a matter of being worried what's going to happen, as last time; it's over and I just have to mourn and adjust. (I had him euthanized by the vet. Ooh, weird thought: in PA, today, I had Chevenga dream of being executed by injection... and lose his best friend.) And in a way it's a relief, because I know he is not suffering. But I kind of can't really think about anything complex that needs to be coherent. If I pull myself together before midnight I might post short, and if not I will at least attempt a post tomorrow or Sunday.

Beauie had a long and happy life, in truth. He was all about running, swimming, playing, eating and being with the ones he loved, and he did lots of all those things. What more could we want in life, really?





--